Friday, March 26, 2010

T.A.R.D.I.S. Time Travel Bag

Trust me; this all ties together.

Our family is big into Dr. Who right now. I mean really big into the show and all its miscellany.

Our family is also planning a giant ball of fun cruise in the summer with the grandparents.

Our kids all need new travel gear.

I stumbled upon this amazing travel duffel pattern on etsy and decided each kid could choose their own fabric to design their very own duffel for our trip.

I took the eldest to the fabric shop first, knowing she would have the toughest time choosing. She has interests in so many areas and her decision making skills verge on crazy making. I knew she would need lots of time. Turns out her favorite fabric existed only in her head.

Being the rockin' mama that I am, we struck upon a plan to make the fabric of her dreams and the T.A.R.D.I.S. bag was born.

Above see the fabric in its infancy. Tomorrow see the finished bag in all it's glory.

A word about the pattern. It is one of my all time favorites. Cherie writes amazingly well thought out instructions. The bag could be completed by a new sewer with a little help. Pockets, handles and opportunities to customize make this a new go-to pattern for me. Check her out on etsy. She's got some great ideas.

No comments:

Post a Comment