Monday, May 3, 2010

Make a Room Sign

I'm not sure what I've been working on lately, maybe being a wife and mom, but my poor little Cricut has become dusty. So I scanned the message boards, piddled around and started playing again.

I am reminded that I LOVE THIS MACHINE. Today I plan to try making magnets but in the meantime, look what I made for a friend's new niece.
To complete this project you need:
an unfinished sign/plaque/board
at least 2 colors coordinating pain
clear coat acrylic
sponge brushes
a cricut or stencils or stickers...whatever you nee to embellish
brads, stickles, stamp pads

Coat the board with at least 2 coats of acrylic in good heavy strokes. Allow to dry completely.

Using the Home Accents cartridge I cut out stencils with clear contact paper for the swirls in the corners. then I used Plantin Schoolbook with italic letters and cut a stencil for her name.

Place the stencils on the painted, dry plaque and rub vigorously to prevent seepage. No one wants to see that.

Using pink, go over the stencils in nice thick coats, at least twice, drying completely between coats. It is important to leave the stencils on until the paint is dry. Trust me on this. Okay?

Finally, using tall ball setting on Plantin Schoolbook cart I cut out 2 flowers in each color. I stickled the brown leaves and distressed the pink ones with Distress Ink in Burlap Brown. Secure them together with a bronze brad.

Apply two coats of a clear acrylic coating (I like glossy but whatevs). Set aside to dry.

Finally using a good strong glue of your preference, attach the flowers.

Mail it to your friend's new neice. Oh wait, that's me.

No comments:

Post a Comment